Old August 3rd 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Design Flaw in iPhone 4, Testers Say

John Smith wrote:

When is everyone going to wake up. What we need is a USB dongle which
is simply a recvr/xmitter and is software driven. This is the last
"cell phone" you will ever need to purchase. It can incorporate an
onboard antenna, however should also have an external ant connection so
in fringe areas communication is improved.

Isn't it about time we stopped buy a seperate TV, radio, phone, stereo,
etc. A computer with the proper software and attachment(s) are all of
these and more.

No it isn't. I don't want to take calls on my television. The XYL will
talk for hours with friends. Seems like a bad thing to tie the TV up for
that time. I don't want my telephone to be my computer either, or listen
to my music on my telephone.

It's for the same reason that I don't want to keep my frozen meat in my
car. A whole lot of us prefer our devices to be purpose built instead of
the myriad of compromises in having all in one instruments. History has
shown that all in one devices tend to perform poorly or mediocre at best
in all their functions.

They kind of remind me of the Escalade SUV/Pickup trucks. Horrible
pickup truck, poor SUV, and ugly as sin.

It is time to end the stone age of electronics!

I want faster, better looking, and higher performance. I don't want
all-in wonders, which are always compromises.

- Mike -