Old August 3rd 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Design Flaw in iPhone 4, Testers Say

On 8/3/2010 1:25 PM, Michael Coslo wrote:
John Smith wrote:

No it isn't. I don't want to take calls on my television. The XYL will
talk for hours with friends. Seems like a bad thing to tie the TV up for
that time. I don't want my telephone to be my computer either, or listen
to my music on my telephone.

Only a damn fool would make a phone call on their TV, or even think
about it. But, if the case is you and the wife can't afford seperate
hand-helds/netbooks, well, get a better job!

It's for the same reason that I don't want to keep my frozen meat in my
car. A whole lot of us prefer our devices to be purpose built instead of
the myriad of compromises in having all in one instruments. History has
shown that all in one devices tend to perform poorly or mediocre at best
in all their functions.

Again, only a damn fool would think about keeping food in their
palm-top/ereader/netbook, or even think about it. Hmmm, my computer is
not a printer, but an external printer hooked up workes just fine. My
computer is not a netcard, but a USB dongle netcard works just
fine--plugged in, my computer is not a TV, but an USB dongle HD TV works
fine--plugged in, etc. In fact, I have never noticed any problems with
them running all at once. Perhaps you need new hardware.

They kind of remind me of the Escalade SUV/Pickup trucks. Horrible
pickup truck, poor SUV, and ugly as sin.

Never seen wheels, steering wheel, gearshift, headlights, etc. on a
palm-top/ereader/netbook/laptop/computer. This sounds more of mental
condition and/or drugs.

It is time to end the stone age of electronics!

I want faster, better looking, and higher performance. I don't want
all-in wonders, which are always compromises.

Must be boring never using any USB or ported peripherals, as your post
indicates! Try it, you will find that "all-in-one-wonders" are great!

- Mike -

Regards,
JS