Old August 5th 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Design Flaw in iPhone 4, Testers Say

On 8/4/2010 3:30 PM, Registered User wrote:

Not quite. Journalism isn't the only field where hack writers can be
found. Quick and dirty code is often referred to by the author as a
being a quick hack. It's an acknowledgement that the code is not
particularly elegant or robust, just a temporary solution to resolve
an issue or answer a question.

If a computer professional describes them self as a hacker today
(without using the word hat), it's an admission their skills and
training could be better. Calling any computer professional a hack is
a insult.

Absolutely could not disagree with you more. I do all computer
languages (Assembly, Cobol, Snobal, BASIC, C/C++, Pascal, etc., etc.),
but prefer assembly and C/C++. Only hackers (doctorates) work within my
circle. We all enjoy being called hackers, we worked hard to win that
title. Anyone in disagreement works for some corporation practicing
security though obscurity, i.e. part of the security are dumb-ed down
software engineers. Or, is a member of the joe-blow-six-pack club which
watches the 11 P.M. news.

Given CAD software has been around for almost fifty years, it appears
you're disagreeing with yourself WRT computer dongles.

Let me cut to the chase, there are four types of dongles, in the context
we are discussing. One will plug into a computer port, the other is in
my pants, the third type is obsolete, the forth is walking around with
similar characteristics to the one in my pants. ROFLOL!

I'm not the one who wrote

- quote -

It is time to end the stone age of electronics!

- end quote -

and then offered USB devices as the path to enlightenment.

I did no such thing. Make a computer a cell phone ... or any damn other
thing you wish. USB dongles are the quickest/cheapest route.

It takes too much time to keep correcting your errors in text, thinking,
etc. Go play with someone else not ...

Regards,
JS