Old August 5th 10, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Radio Suggestions Requested, Please. And, Re Yaesu FRG 7700

On Aug 4, 7:23*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Aug 4, 12:37*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
RHF wrote:

A used Grundig Satellit 800 Receiver
http://www.grundigsatellit800.com/
http://www.radiointel.com/review-sat800.htm
http://www.mwcircle.org/mw_rec_grundigsat800.htm
http://www.dxing.com/rx/sat800.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0800.html

-or- a new Grundig Satellit 750 Receiver
http://www.frys.com/product/6084828
http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0750.html
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/mtfir...tellite750.pdf
http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...rtwave-radio-y....

are both nice SW Program Listeners Radios ~ RHF

The 750 lacks synchronous detection, better just hope that station you're
listening to isn't affected in a way that could be improved by this feature.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

Sony ICF-SW7600GR -portable-
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0360.html
.

That's a good one but the big box sound of the first two you suggested would
likely be more pleasant for extended 'program' listening, if there were
consistently stable enough signals for the 750 or if not then the 800.
I'll bet that our E1's would have a more mellow long term easy listening sound
than the 7600. But someone looking to carry a more portable unit into the field
would be well served by either the Sony or the Eton.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

Yes the Eton E1s have a 'nice' long-term
Listening Sound, and some claim that the
E1's AM-SYNC is better that the GS800.

Usually for the 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios
like the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Receiver
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0360.html

* You can use a single small 4" Audio Speaker
to hear the sound better.
http://cgi.ebay.com//360263112714
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...kers/3472.html
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Uniden-5-W...eaker/10902884
http://www.truckers-store.com/external-speakers/

Sounds Sweet Communications Speaker
http://www.soundssweet.com/

* Or a small pair of Self-Powered PC Speakers
can greatly improve the Listening Sound and
enable the FM Stereo Sound output to be heard.
** AC Powered Speakers
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cyber-Acou...akers/10263995
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-97026.../dp/B000IF4788

-or- Battery [DC] Powered Speakers