Old August 6th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Patty Patty is offline

Default BNC Tribander for New TH-F6A

I just got a TH-F6A and have been reading about the weakness of the
SMA connector. I'm convinced I need to get an SMA-BNC adapter but I
have found no BNC HT triband antennas. Are there any out there?

The Smiley 270A is a dual band 2M/440, but they claim it will also
work on 440? Any experience with that?

Also, I have been thinking about Gulyas http://www.wa3hrl.com/smabnc/
SMA-BNC adapter in particular, but then I read this article
http://osdir.com/ml/recreation.radio.../msg00041.html
It says: "To minimize the stress on the HT, I use the slick little
adapter BGA-80 from Steve Gulyas. It uses a special o-ring arrangement
that minimizes leverage against the SMA. Works pretty well. Its the
best on performance, but too big to be attached to the HT when worn on
the belt."

Does anyone have any experience with SMC-BNC adapters? Do any good
ones allow you to attach your HT youir belt?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions you may have!

Patty