Old August 10th 10, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Al Lorona Al Lorona is offline

Default N6BT's "Vertical dipole"

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message

Are you quite sure of what you say?

Beats me... I've never seen one of these antennas and am going only by the
EZNEC model on that web site, as I said in my last post. Says that there's
50 + j500 at the feedpoint. That's a 50 ohm resistor in series with an
inductor, isn't it? Or, as you say, a coil with a real low Q. Either way,
it's an extremely lossy device that adversely affects the results. Try
adjusting the R to a more reasonable value for an average coil and
re-simulating in EZNEC and take a look at the result. KG4JJH has measured
data in that review that definitely coincides with a 50 +j500 device at the
feedpoint.

Al W6LX