Old August 10th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy[_2_] Owen Duffy[_2_] is offline

Default N6BT's "Vertical dipole"

On Aug 9, 6:53*pm, Jim Lux wrote:
Owen Duffy wrote:
He does include load of 50+j500 in shunt with the feedpoint, presumably
modelling the shunt coil... has that got you confused?

The next question is whether such a load is a good characterisation of the
actual coil. The value of R seems rather high.

Wouldn't that correspond to a Q of 10, which is pretty bad for a air
core coil. I'd say something like 30 or 100 would be more realistic
(unless it's wound with really fine wire)
(I don't have eznec, so I can't open the .ez file)

I opened the document in 4NEC2. Whilst my version of EZNEC cannot read
or write .NEC decks, 4NEC2 can read .EZ format.

If you look at the pic of the coil, a Qi of 10 seems very low.
Nevertheless, it doesn't consume much power.

Owen