Old August 12th 10, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default vemsa3d 1.1 - a floss visual em simulator for 3d antennas

On Aug 12, 1:53*am, John Smith wrote:
On 8/11/2010 12:43 PM, K1TTT wrote:

On Aug 11, 7:20 pm, John *wrote:
On 8/11/2010 11:53 AM, K1TTT wrote:

what is intuitive to you is a patented or copyrighted work from a
lawyer's point of view. *while you can't patent or copyright maxwell's
equations you can patent or copyright a method of applying them to
come up with solutions to practical problems. *these are common things
now in the software and business world, though some countries have
stopped issuing software patents and others are considering that move
also. *but the copyright process is well ingrained in the software
world. *So much so that there are specific copyright notices you can
use to specify that you DON'T want to stop anyone from using your
code, just so you don't get bothered by people asking all the time.

I never seen this as a problem or a road block. You are simply a matter
of all the knowledge you have picked up from others along the way, most
likely, a large portion of this came from copyrighted materials.
Indeed, if I read a copyrighted book, then turn around and write a book,
containing all I have read, I have done no wrong; If I copied the work,
I am.

When it comes to math, removed from other works, it is exactly the same.
You would have to be an idiot to do it in such a way as to cause problems..

This is all so self-apparent, it always puzzles me when I am brought to
putting the concept(s) to text, or even spoken speech!

Regards,
JS

it may be self apparent to you, but it is how corporate lawyers make
their living.