Old August 12th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Zach Edwardson Zach Edwardson is offline

Default Good starter Shortwave Radio?

I am totally new to the hobby, so I was thinking it would be nice to
have a shortwave radio that I could listen to some broadcasts. I
would prefer a radio that is battery independent (So I don't spend a
fortune on getting new batteries for a radio, plug in or wind up is
fine) and I really do not want to spend a ton of money on something
that I won't use much if I don't like it, so it needs to be
inexpensive (as in under $100 USD.)