Old August 12th 10, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Good starter Shortwave Radio?

Zach Edwardson wrote:
I am totally new to the hobby, so I was thinking it would be nice to
have a shortwave radio that I could listen to some broadcasts. I
would prefer a radio that is battery independent (So I don't spend a
fortune on getting new batteries for a radio, plug in or wind up is
fine) and I really do not want to spend a ton of money on something
that I won't use much if I don't like it, so it needs to be
inexpensive (as in under $100 USD.)

If you want to just listen why not use web streams? They are much
easier on the years.

Are you intrigued by the technology? The idea of sparks heard around
the world, etc? If so, beware. There is a lot of hardware out there..