Old August 13th 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default FORTRAN/ Intellectual Property was vemsa3d 1.1 - a flossvisual em simulator for 3d antennas

On 8/12/2010 6:24 PM, tom wrote:

My daughter just got her doctorate from Columbia University. Her thesis
was all about data sets massaged with FORTRAN.

It ain't dead. Far from it.

tom
K0TAR

Frankly, I find that amazing, indeed, it implies insanity to me.

Why anyone would allow a thesis to be done which would favor a
particular language defies rationality. As, language is only a device
for the implementation of truths, ideas, algorithms and laws. It is the
underlying structure of math and logic which are the only important
points. To express these in a form speaking to computer engineers, a
"language" such as pseudo-code would be the logical choice. To do any
different simply implies there are interests at work other than pure
science.

Are you sure a FORTRAN compiler/developer with financial interests did
not back this academic venture? ROFLOL

Regards,
JS