Old August 20th 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Digital modes: What frequency am I on?

I've picked up a handful of programs for various digital modes and
driving my PC's soundcard with the line-out audio from my TenTec Omni 7
have no problem copying signals once I figure out what mode they are.

However, all these programs have either AFC or some other way of
decoding a signal pretty much independent of what frequencies the tones
are on, so long as they're inside the passband, so it doesn't matter a
whole lot what frequency my receiver's tuned to.

On the other hand, I'm sure that if I ever get around to lashing things
up so that I could transmit, things wouldn't be so forgiving.

I haven't yet done any real research into digital modes; is there a good
(preferably online) resource, particularly something that would tell me
what the correct audio offset from the carrier is for the various modes?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN