Old August 22nd 10, 07:58 PM posted to alt.ham-radio,alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default how to cut whip of 2 meter antenna ?

On 8/22/2010 10:59 AM, kb9rqz wrote:
wrote in message

I has used gavies flase teath a few time seem to make claen cut four me most
time weh i cut teh diaploes.

Hacksaw, the tool of professionals. Boltcutters work on the cheap SS
whips, but a good spring steel whip can divit bolt cutters. A carbide
cutting disk in a dremel tool or grinder is another option.

For those "tool challenged" a hacksaw blade with several wraps of duct
tape around one end will work.

Regards,
JS