Old August 22nd 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave M[_3_] Dave M[_3_] is offline

Default I am looking for a project of homemade AM superhet

Atlantis wrote:
W dniu 2010-08-22 01:24, Dave M pisze:

National LM3820N AM radio chip. BG Micro has them available for
$3.00 for a tube of 25 The chip is obsolete, but still presents an
interesting project. (...) The datasheet gives design and layout
(PCB) for several versions of a BCB AM radio. You can be as simple
or complex as you wish.

Thanks for suggestion. I will search for this chip, but I am not quite
sure if it's widely available in my country (Poland).
Usually I still use polish ICs from CEMI semiconductor factory
(unfortunately they're not existing any more) + some Russian and
western parts, depending of their avalaibility. Most of those
polish and russian, that I have in my supplies are equivalents of
western integrated circuits.

As I said in my post, these chips are obsolete, so I'm sure they aren't
widely available. BG Micro sells them for $3.00 US per tube of 25, plus
$15.00 US (minimum) for shipping to countries other than Canada. If you're
interested in trying them, I have a most of a tube of them in my parts bin.
I used a few of them for 40 & 80 meter receivers a few years ago, and still
have about 20 of them left. If you wish, I'd be glad to mail you a few to
experiment with.

Ordering from BG Micro might be a bit expensive for you, but I'd be glad to
send you a few, gratis. If interested, contact me directly at the address
below.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net