Old August 24th 10, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default vemsa3d 1.1 - a floss visual em simulator for 3d antennas

On 8/24/2010 1:05 AM, wrote:

Dear JS,

Thank you for pointed out this issue too!

As I already said, VEMSA3D is open source code, which is
distributed as free-libre; not free-gratis. Therefore, we
keep the right to publish full-comments about our source
code sometime in the future, as everybody else of course.
Please, see GNU GPL 3.0:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Free-gratis is the MS Windows application VEMSA3D, which
*everyone* can enjoy the production of it by simply following
the fully-commented instructions we already gave at the third
page, right column, of our paper:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.0031

Best regards,

pez, SV7BAX

Again, I would never look a gift horse in the mouth ... I don't find the
lack of comments an surmountable problem. If you have a basic
understanding of the concepts which a piece of software source deals
with, it is relatively easy to locate them and comment/document them
yourself. For example, when looking in software for routines and
statements dealing with a circle, you would simple search for constructs
dealing with area, circumference, diameter, etc. It is just a logical
progression to look for those dealing with the implementation of the
moment method. NEC source used in conjunction with these efforts makes
it a tolerable exercise in reverse engineering the task ...

I see nothing wrong with expecting someone to do a bit of work to get
something for "free", LOL.

Regards,
JS