Old August 27th 10, 07:58 PM
vk5ajl vk5ajl is offline
Junior Member

Location: South Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zindazenda View Post
In particular looking for dia/pcb layout, or the dimensions of, the sense
head...ie of the strip lines, so that i can make swr meter..looking for
compact design, to take about 200w max. someone must have some/point me to
some plans..(save me having to think..)the rest is made, going to use it for
swr protect on an amp, so when i knock the antenna off my van again i dont
blow up $100 worth of transistors!!! moral here..slow down for low
bridges..

thanks g0zen
Technically, most SWR pickups are made from MICROstriplines because they usually have only one ground plane.
http://vk5ajl.com/projects/SWRMeter.php
Provided the pickups microstriplines are 1 mm or bigger they will handle Kilowatts. There is no problem with laying an extra piece of copper wire along the central microstripline to allow more current.