Old August 27th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
raypsi raypsi is offline

Default I am looking for a project of homemade AM superhet

Hey OM:

I am looking for the same thing but with 1 volt tubes I'd like to
duplicate the old Zenith trans oceanic radio. Now there was a radio
that is proven.
Not a single solid state device if I recall, great if there is ever a
EMP that takes out all the solid state radios.
For some reason there are plenty of 1 volt tubes out there even though
they haven't been made for sum 40 years.

But I digress. Get a Howard Sams TR manual, there will get you the
schematic. The real old radio's were hard wired no PCB. I know you can
find a schematic that is all transistors, bipolar though, no FETS in
those days, and I know they are still making germanium transistors
which are great for front ends.

73 OM
de n8zu