Old August 29th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Whip antennas with coils

On 8/28/2010 7:23 PM, Art Unwin wrote:

Art

Having locked myself away for months, wife will claim years, and
searching for the "best" shortened stealth antenna(s), I have been
forced to employ coils. In any loaded antenna (hide the JD!) the coil
is best at the bottom with a .62 L/D ratio. I currently use DLM's from
Robert Vincents' patent, it allows me to break the laws ... others
research and mileage may vary.

The loading coil adds +J to compensate the -J from a short antenna ...
however, old hams taught me that the coil adds electrical degrees, God
bless them ...

Regards,
JS