Old August 31st 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default Whip antennas with coils

On Aug 29, 8:45*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 8/28/2010 7:23 PM, Art Unwin wrote:

Art

Having locked myself away for months, wife will claim years, and
searching for the "best" shortened stealth antenna(s), I have been
forced to employ coils. *In any loaded antenna (hide the JD!) the coil
is best at the bottom with a .62 L/D ratio. I currently use DLM's from
Robert Vincents' patent, it allows me to break the laws ... others
research and mileage may vary.

The loading coil adds +J to compensate the -J from a short antenna ...
however, old hams taught me that the coil adds electrical degrees, God
bless them ...

Regards,
JS

this one sounds like a religious argument to me... to phase shift or
not to phase shift, that is the degrees of shortening... weather tis
nobler to count the degrees or accept the time delay traveling waves,
one way or another there is still high voltage at the top and high
current at the bottom, and never the twain shall meet.