Old August 31st 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX ?

On Aug 31, 7:11*am, dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX ?

Given an area where you could locate a Sloper Antenna
with a Tall Mounting Pole "Top-End-Feed-Point' and the
ability to move the Bottom-Far-End around the full circle
of 360 Degrees.

Where would you place 'Point' the Bottom-Far-End for the
best DXing ? [ N ? E ? W ? S ? ]& *WHY ?

Top-fed slopers in an open space are essentially omnidirectional. *Most
of the radiation happens at the feed point. The slantwire and the
support structure form a low Q mass that also radiates, equally well in
all directions.

Dale P. has always recommended using his PAR end-fed as a sloper with
the feedpoint near the bottom and thus giving a nice short run to
ground. Good omni results and a high radiation angle. I think this
would work for me if I did not have such a battery of RFI generators
around my home.

Bruce