Old January 7th 04, 06:17 PM
Sofie

Alan Horowitz:
A common liquid dish detergent like Joy, Palmolive, or Dove applied with a
soft cloth or very soft paper towel like Viva (do not add water)..... wipe
on and then wipe the excess off....... I have been using this method for
decades on plastic analog multi-meter faces and it works great and has
lasting effects.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Alan Horowitz" wrote in message
om...
situation is a plastic meter cover, on a large process control board,
onboard a tanker ship, deployed. The meter movement underneath
experiences wild meter-swings, associated with finger contact,
presumed to be due to static electricity.

we have a decent collection of household-type substances, also a small
collection of industrial substances.

we have infrequent but regular access to Navy Exchanges, which are
basically transplanted K-mart sort of outlet. Carries common american
brand-name stuffs.

The official Navy Supply Chain can deliver almost anything, but not
always within your lifetime.....