Old September 1st 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Whip antennas with coils

On Sep 1, 3:21*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:
Ah, I see what you mean. I was thinking in terms of an 'electrically
long' feeder (many wavelengths long).

Even then, the same principle applies, at least on HF. If the standing
wave current maximum point is located near the load and the standing
wave current minimum is located near the source, the maximum
transmission line losses due to SWR will be near the load. If one
reverses those conditions, the results will reverse. As Owen suggests,
plot a graph of I^2 along the line - pick your particular load point
and particular source point and almost any outcome is possible.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com