Old September 2nd 10, 02:44 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC - iBiquity Finally Under Investigation -LMFAO- Lawsuit MostLikely Going Nowhere

On Sep 1, 4:48*pm, DigitalRadioScams
wrote:
On Sep 1, 7:18*pm, "Chas. Chan" wrote:

Plaintiff law firms that specialize in class action suits typically
trawl for groups of people with a common complaint about a particular
service or product. In this case, attorneys from Keefe Bartels seem be
homing in on Web forum posts about poor performance from HD Radios
included in high-end BMW and Jaguar OEM audio packages.

http://radiomagonline.com/digital_ra...o-lemons-0901/

LOL! *Trawlers! *LOL!
Sounds just like the hype used to promote shortwave radios.
I think I'll start an investigation into Eton Corporation and their
sour lemons.
Should be lucrative.

Don't worry, I have it posted, and word will spread from forums such
as radio-info:

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind...topic=174886.0

Broadcasters that got stiffed by iBiquity could also get involved.
This will be enough to scare any new automakers away - LOL!

IBOC - iBiquity Finally Under Investigation
-LMFAO-
Lawsuit Most Likely Going Nowhere

Most likely this will go no-where, no-how &
no-ways for the following reasons :

1 - The Car Owners bought their Cars from
Car Dealers.

2 - The Car Dealers bought their Cars from
the Auto Manufacturers.

3 - The Auto Manufactures bought their HD-Radios
from the OEM HD-Radio Manufacturers.

4 - It is the individual OEM HD- Radio Manufacturers
that in-fact built the Radios to accomplish the IBOC
Specification that was Developed by iBiquity Corp.

5 - iBiquity Corp. Developed the IBOC Specification
which gained Technical Approval of the FCC.

Conclusion : Most likely it is the OEM HD-Radio
Manufacturers that will bear the brunt of any
Lawsuit as to whether their Equipment actually
'conforms' to the IBOC Specification that was
Developed by iBiquity Corp.

Oops ! - Every Radio that I ever bought never came
with a Guarantee of 100% Radio Reception be it :
Analog AM/MW -or- Analog FM -or- Analog Shortwave.

For That Matter - I Do NOT Recall iBiquity Corp. touting
IBOC HD-Radio as being perfect and providing 100%
Radio Reception at all times; in all locations.

Also - I Do NOT Recall that the FCC in it's Technical
Approval of IBOC HD-Radio making any claims that
IBOC was perfect and would provide 100% Radio
Reception at all times; in all locations. Hey I don't
even recall the FCC making that claim for Analog
AM/MW and FM Radios and the old tried and true
Analog AM & FM Broadcast Systems.

Lastly the Technical Aspects of IBOC imply that
there will NOT be 100% Radio Reception : with a
Preferred {Primary} Digital Mode dropping back
to the old standard Analog {Secondary} Mode
-if- the Digital Signal can not be received due to
your location. Oops a lot of the time when this
happens the Analog Signal can not be receive
either -why- Again to you location not any Defect
in the HD-Radio; the Car; or the Radio Station.
Simply because of your Location. Hey may be
you could Sue your Location -rotfl- ~ RHF

Now remember I have Praised and Bashed IBOC
HD-Radio and iBiquity Corp. because I Live in
"The-Land-of-the-Blinking-Blue-Light [No Digital
Signal Lock] far away from the California Central
Valley's IBOC HD-Radio Stations and it is "My
Location" that is the Problem; because I am
'located' beyond the range of the current 1%
Digital Signal; with an increase to 4%~10%
Digital Signal LeveI : I do expect that IBOC
HD-Radio reception will improve -but- Only Time
and Higher Digital Power will tell.

-wrt- Radio Reception and Real-Estate it usually
comes down to : location, Location. LOCATION !

don't count your lawsuits before they pay out ~ RHF