Old September 3rd 10, 07:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX ?

On Sep 2, 10:41*pm, wrote:
On Sep 2, 5:21*pm, "Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote:

wrote in message

- - - Palomar's currently sold 9:1 transformer
- - - is good only for a longwire, but not for T2FD.

- - How can that be?

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

- *Because the presently made MLB-1 by Palomar Engineersis a UNUN for
- longwire. The older transformer which I used (may have the original
- instruction paper somewhere) was a true BALUN. To build a T2FD we
must
- use a balun, since it is a broadband dipole.

Buy the PAR Balun which has a Floating Ground
Termainal which makes it an BAL-UN or you can
connect the Floating Ground to the Coax Ground
and have a UN-UN.
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/...-SWL%20Antenna

Opps to Buy the PAR Balun you have to buy
the PAR EF-SWL Antenna which includes the
http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html
http://www.parelectronics.com/pdf/EF-SWL.pdf
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html
Balun and 45 Feet of HQ* Antenna Wire.
"Flex Weave" covered by a protective black
polyethylene jacket.

* 45 Feet of AWG #14 Black Polyethylene Coated
"Flex-Weave" Antenna Wire which is made up of
168 Strands of #36 Gauge Woven Copper Wires.
{This is Great Stuff}
http://www.radiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=124225

Yes with the PAR EF SWL Antenna you can Rig-It
Your Way ! - iane ~ RHF