Old September 4th 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX?

My own cell-phone generates more noise than some of the cold war era
jammers,sometimes! That is another reason for using coax. And
grounding may bring more problems,sometimes it is better not to
ground. Static usually is not a major issue over here at my lattitude
(40* N).

GMS phones seem to get into everything. I'd look for an audio path, not
via HF radio circuitry.

Snow blowing across a wire antenna generates static electricity.
Grounding the transmission line where it enters a structure is
consistent with good operating practice. My radio floats on a 13 VDC
switch mode power supply. The only ground is the coaxial cable from the
feedthru.