Old September 4th 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX?

John Smith wrote:
On 9/3/2010 10:01 PM, dave wrote:

Common mode rejection of noise happens in a truly balanced configuration.

That is the worst suggestive BS I have ever seen, no antenna knows the
difference between "RF noise" and a desirable RF signal ...

Regards,
JS

I think what Dave was saying is that open wire feeders will not pick
up noise (or signals, for that matter) if they are truly balanced,
because of common mode rejection. Which is true.

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/