Old September 5th 10, 03:07 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
DigitalRadioScams DigitalRadioScams is offline

Default Other automakers with HD Radio liable, too?

On Sep 4, 9:40*pm, Richard Evans
wrote:
Drewdove wrote:
IMHO too many people laughed off complaints that the digital carriers would
cause interference to first adjacent analogs without realizing these same
adjacent would interfere with the digital carriers rendering HD useless in
certain (many?) situations.

As far as I'm concerned, allowing a signal to be broadcast, at a
frequency that is already allocated to something else, is always going
to be a bad idea (unless it is a system using very directional
antennas). From what I've read in this NG. HD-Radio does just that. It
ends up allowing digital signals to be transmitted on frequencies
already allocated to analogue signals. Whoever thought that would be OK,
obviously either doesn't understand radio, or simply doesn't give a sh*t
about the consequences.

Richard E.

The whole IBOC system was puposely designed to jam the smaller
adjacent-cheenl stations of the dial.