Old November 29th 03, 03:03 PM
Russ

On 29 Nov 2003 02:25:58 GMT, (K9SQG) wrote:

That is not a wise idea. If your mast takes a direct hit, or if there is one
nearby, there is a possibility that some of the energy will go into the house
via that ground rod. Antenna grounds should always be isolated from
housewiring grounds.

Well, you are certainly spouting bull****! According to my 1996 copy
of the National Elecrtic Code, all grounds are to be bonded together.
Safety grounds, lightning grounds and antenna grounds. This is laid
out in sections 260, 800 and 820. I may have section 260 off a little
but I'm sure about 800 and 820. My NEC is at work on my desk where is
sees daily use resolving grounding issues concerning LAN, WAN and
telecom equipment. Talk to a telco central office construction
engineer (I work with them every day) about lightning, equipment and
safety grounds. Ask them what happens when one or another gets
isolated from the others.

Stop thinking with your ass and start using your head. Believe me, if
your insurance company found out that you wired things up contrary to
the NEC, they would have excellent grounds (pun intended) not to pay.

Russ