Old September 8th 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx amdx is offline

Default "Ionic Liquid" Antenna

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
On 9/6/2010 8:59 AM, K1TTT wrote:
magnetic coupling to the stream seems kind of odd, but it appears to
work for him. i wonder what happens if you go qro? i would expect
some heating of the water and maybe even some ionization or corona
that might cause instability in the stream. i would also guess the
tuning would be difficult in high winds.

Wind would seem to be a weak point. The top of the conductive stream would
dissipate at different heights depending on the wind velocity, so a gusty
wind would be constantly altering the effective antenna length.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Let's fix the wind problem and shorten the antenna!
Have the water spray up into a receiving vessel the distributes the water
into
5 or 6 radial tubes that make up a capacitive hat. :-)

While we're at it, let's spray out some radials for a counterpoise!

Hey, if we can catch all the water and recirculate it, then we can
add material to increase the conductivity of the water.
ok,ok I'll stop.
MikeK