Old September 9th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default "Ionic Liquid" Antenna

On 9/7/2010 11:52 PM, Art Unwin wrote:

John, all non frequency dependent radiators have to be shielded as it
plays havoc with the cancellation of reactance. But even with the
quick lash up I made where I broke all the rules and even changed to
"stacked pancakes" instead of coils inside coils it still would be ok
for directional use in a loft for some of the bands. Either way the
lash up did not totally destroy its attributes. I suppose it would be
more impressive if I shielded it plus a reflector and put it on the
tower but that was not the point I was trying to make which is the
persistance in keeping non frequency dependentcy
while maintaining a small volume. I modeled a ten turn coil inside
another ten turn coil where both were joined together as a closed
circuit and a overall diameter of 8 to 9 inches sitting on a perfect
ground ala reflector When an antenna is not frequency dependent there
is no skin depth resistance because of the Meissner effect so more
current is applied to generating radiation. This conforming to
Maxwell's law by not indulging in generating magnetic fields. Note
Maxwell never added units of Tesla in his equation so why should you?
By the way that model showed gain inbetween 20 and 30 db because of
current bypassing the innards of the radiator and traveling on the
surface.
So the old timers were correct in saying more wire is better....as
long as you decrease the resistance
created by adding wire!!!!!! That way you have
I sq R instead of I sq R + r which is efficiency in radiation to the
maximum.by removing unnecessary losses. Simple concept eh?
Regards
Art

Boy, he's getting there fast. I bet he's around for less than 3 weeks
this time.

Any takers?

tom
K0TAR