Old September 9th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Question.

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:

http://www.astroncorp.com/catalog.asp

My current one is on page #2 [VS-35M] and it does get warmish even with a 5"
muffin fan behind it, but only during an extended QSO with the exciter running
high and an ambient shack temp above eighty or so.
Chances are pretty good of finding an Astron in any amateur repeater vault you
go into because of their reputation of reliability.

I have a switcher (SS-12). I'm a firm believer in digital methods to
improve energy efficiency. 36 cents a KWH will do that to a man.