Old September 12th 10, 08:58 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
hwh[_2_] hwh[_2_] is offline

Default iBiquity/Volvo/BMW conspiracy to commit major criminal fraud- LOL!

On 9/12/10 9:27 PM, Richard Evans wrote:
RHF wrote:

Doing-the-Math : 4,500 kHz / 60 = 270 kHz per Channel
* Presently AM/MW is 10 kHz per Channel
* Presently FM is 200 kHz per Channel

? So Why Won't 270 kHz per Channel Work
for Digital Radio Broadcasting Formats ?

I think hwh has fond the answer to that one. The signal from the
satellite is too weak.

Actually, for terrestrial broadcasting, with a reasonable signal level,
they ought to be able to do a lot better than that. But then they still
use outdated inefficient technology :-(

Take a look at the DVB-T2 specifications. That's what I call efficient.
How different from DAB or IBOC.

gr, hwh