Old September 17th 10, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Wouldn't it be nice?

On Sep 17, 2:49*am, John Smith wrote:
On 9/17/2010 1:59 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

wrote:
Guess I was not monitoring the right AM stations at the time. Why is
he so "popular" lately?

Because he says things that people want to hear. People like being talked to
on the radio, and there are enough people out there who agree with what he says
to make it worthwhile for advertisers to support him.

The last US presidential election was a great dissapointment for many people,
and he is a voice for the more moderate ones. John McCain lost the popular
vote by a small percentage (it was still a clear loss) because enough voters
felt he was too liberal and did not vote in protest.

They want a voice, they want a candidate and they like what Limbaugh
has to say. There was even talk of him running for president on the 2008
Republican ticket, and I think he would of done better than McCain.

Like him or not, listen to him or not, agree with him or not, he is going to
be the voice of a major influence on the next US presidential election.
You can debate whether he creates the opinions or meerly reflects them,
but either way there is enough demand for his saying them to keep him on
the air.

Geoff.

Well, I can only speak for myself, the wife, the family and friends ...
we enjoy the satirical comedy ... and how he acts like he is actually
expected to be taken seriously. *It is kinda reminiscent of the old Don
Rickles routines, the roasts and such ... and, it is obvious there are
those who take him seriously ... but I don't think most can miss the
political comedy this man represents ... a true sign of our times.

What is a real hoot is to watch him repeat himself thousands of times
over days or even weeks, finally have what he has been saying dismissed
as absolutely ridiculous, then watch him switch over to the other side,
acting as if he has been there all the time. *I mean, the total lack of
ethics, morals and truth in his insane ramblings is very dark comedy!
The man is an artist at it.

Regards,
JS

ah . . . remember Rush is an 'Entertainer"
and people do like to be 'Entertained' and
for some/many Listening to the Radio is
simply . . . -you-got-it- Entertainment !