Old September 17th 10, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Adelaide Island, Antarctica (amateur)

On Sep 17, 6:32*am, wrote:
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:03:19 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen

wrote:
On Sep 16, 5:29*pm, wrote:
Rothera Research Station in Antarctica (amateur) putting out a good
signal around sunset on 20 meters. 14315kHz @2350UT in my log.

Gave up trying to log the YL (young lady) DXpedition in Greenland. The
operator Ingrid sounded like she was disgusted with the whole thing.

(Jim-MI)

Very cool on the first one - but why was Ingrid unhappy? *No contacts?

It was a zoo. There are a couple locals in Greenland that I talk to
once and a while. But add a YL and things get ridiculous. People
calling 5 and 6 times made it almost impossible to make a contact. She
did a good job but I can understand why she would not be too happy
about it. I think they have 6 female operators. Probably someone
different tonight.

They do have a nice sounding station set up. There were stations from
South America and Europe calling so anyone wanting to hear a station
from Greenland should listen to 20 meters for the OX6YL callsign.

Jim

Vox or CW?