Old September 17th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default DXAce fakes logs and lies about them

On Sep 17, 8:10*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 9/17/10 09:35 , bpnjensen wrote:

On Sep 17, 12:12 am, *wrote:
On Sep 16, 4:40 pm, John *wrote:

On 9/16/2010 4:18 PM, CaltechPhD wrote:

* *...

That is not what I wrote. *I stated that it took a lot less time to
get a PhD in science and engineering (true 20 years ago, and probably
still true). *I drew the conclusion that it is easier to get a
doctorate in a technical field. *I did not write anyting abot IQ.

Don't make me responsible for anything you write or don't. *Don't
question if I care what you write, or what you don't; *I won't and I don't.

My previous post states what I find the facts you state prove ... but,
let me make it clearer. *There are far more damn idiots in the arts,
music, philosophy, etc. *These are NOT exact sciences; much is left open
to "interpretation." *It is only logical that a phd in such fields would
not be such a task as would exist in the exact sciences; *However, this
is off balanced by the lower IQs which these individuals pursuing these
fields tend to display ... so, simply put, it takes the dummies longer!
* *ROFLOL

Regards,
JS

Is there a 'possibility' that an IQ Test is good at
measuring those Brain Functions and Abilities
that make a good Engineers and does not do
as good a job measuring what it takes to be a
good artist or musician . . .- Hide quoted text -

Sounds plausible. *Having said that, there are plenty of studues that
have provided good statistical correlation between musical skill and
high levels of math and science comprehension and ability. *Does this
mean that the two skillsets are intercheangeable? *Almost certainly
not - but it suggests that the brain recognizes the similarities and
overlaps.

Alberts Einstein and Schweitzer were both fine musicians. *Schweitzer
was a genius on the organ.

* *Pretty fair pedal-pianist, as well. His interpretations of Bach
on piano are believed to be significant inspiration for some of
Casals interpretations of Bach's Concerti.

OK - I am not surprised. His Bach organ recordings on EMI, as old as
they are, are gorgeous.