Old September 19th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default AR88D - Very Low R.F Gain

timlad28 wrote:

Thank you for answering my post. Today, I managed to check the tube
voltages and V12, Anode 3, measures -1.2v, when it should be 30v. All
other voltages check out.

That sure would indicate something wrong. Check the value of the plate
resistor in-circuit with a meter. Is it open?

When resistors go bad, they usually increase rather than decrease in
value. If the plate voltage is way too low, it's more likely to be
something on the plate side of the circuit gone up rather than something
on the cathode side one down.
--scott