Old September 21st 10, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default Half delta loop antenna

On Sep 19, 4:45*pm, " wrote:
On Sep 19, 12:44*pm, " wrote:

Anybody have experience with the "half delta loop" as shown he
*http://www.qsl.net/va3iul/Antenna/Wi...%20Ham%20Radio
Wire_antennas_for_ham_radio.htm ?
* I modeled it in EZNEC and it seems to solve my space and support
problems on 80/75, and is decent on 40. *Patterns get kinda weird on
20M and above.

Paul KB1GEJ

http://www.qsl.net/va3iul/Antenna/Wi...%20Ham%20Radio...

try modeling it without the ground on the far end and see how much
different it is. my bet is that it would be much better on some
frequencies and not any worse performing on most others, though the
impedance may make bigger swings.