Old September 23rd 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Homemade 2m FM transceiver?

Rob wrote:

Of course from the ninetees it has been decaying, and today there are only
a few frequencies where local groups are QRV and sometimes talking a
little. The repeaters are mostly silent, and a random traveller calling
will probably get not much response either.
(what is left on the bands usually talks to eachother in their local
group only; random QSO with a stranger is not happening much anymore)

I guess it depends on where you are. In my neighborhood, most of the
repeaters are pretty busy.

What I have found is that if you want traffic, generate some traffic.
Get on and talk with someone. You'll find that there will be more
traffic. We get travelers, and there's someone on most of the time,
although I wouldn't expect much traffic in the wee AM hours.

- Mike -