Old September 23rd 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.misc,us.politics,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs: Proceed with Caution

On 9/23/2010 7:37 AM, Sid9 wrote:

.
The yellowish-orange light that incandescent lamps give off is similar
to the color of the light candles emit.

There's no reason that we should stick to that puny sickly color.

CFL lamps can do a good job of emulating daylight.

Regarding energy. When I had incandescent lamps in our high hats I could
warm the room by simply turning the lights on.

This was an indicator of how much extra energy (and money) I needed to
waste during air-conditioning season.

No more. I had these for years. I would never go back.

You want "Daylight" bulbs, 6500K ... revel are better than most CFLs,
but still lack the brightness and whiteness of Daylight ... normal "warm
white" or "cool white" are little better than incandescent ...

Regards,
JS