Old September 23rd 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.misc,us.politics,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics
Beam Me Up Scotty[_3_] Beam Me Up Scotty[_3_] is offline

Default Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs: Proceed with Caution

On 9/23/2010 10:37 AM, Sid9 wrote:

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 9/23/2010 2:30 AM, RHF wrote:

JS you got any family with the initials "BS" ? ;;-}}

I live in California, it is always warm enough for lightbulbs to work.
grin

Regards,
JS

.
.
The yellowish-orange light that incandescent lamps give off is similar
to the color of the light candles emit.

There's no reason that we should stick to that puny sickly color.

CFL lamps can do a good job of emulating daylight.

Choice is a nice thing.....

Regarding energy. When I had incandescent lamps in our high hats I could
warm the room by simply turning the lights on.

This was an indicator of how much extra energy (and money) I needed to
waste during air-conditioning season.

No more. I had these for years. I would never go back.