Old September 24th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Half delta loop antenna

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:24:07 -0500, "amdx" wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 05:43:38 -0700 (PDT), "'Doc"
wrote:

One 'modification' of that design is to add a conductor along the
ground, not relying on just the dirt's conductivity. How well will it
work? Beats me! Try it and see?
- 'Doc

I don't see what this in response to (no quoted material) so I will
wing it with an observation.

Building a ground field (like radials, but more linear for dipoles, or
in this case a loop) as a mat will increase performance (more signal
out).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Here's the original post.

Anybody have experience with the "half delta loop" as shown he
http://www.qsl.net/va3iul/Antenna/Wi...%20Ham%20Radio
Wire_antennas_for_ham_radio.htm ?
I modeled it in EZNEC and it seems to solve my space and support
problems on 80/75, and is decent on 40. Patterns get kinda weird on
20M and above.

Paul KB1GEJ

Hmmm, Doc is right. Try it an see (seeing there was no ask for how
design variations would impact performance).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC