Old September 26th 10, 12:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Registered User Registered User is offline

Default Looking for ideas: 2m double-stacked full-wave loop for SSB

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 08:31:20 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

"Stuart Longland (VK4MSL)" wrote in
:

By the sounds of things... homebrewing a 2m ATU may not seem so
silly... I did make an air-core autotransformer for use on HF which
I'm able to use to tune a short end-fed vertical (actually, a 6' 27MHz
CB whip) quite successfully on 40m... perhaps the same concept will
work for VHF. I was hoping though, if I could hook two loops in
parallel, that would give me 50 ohms... I guess it'll be time for
experimentation.

Firsly, ask yourself it ATU is a common approach, and if not, why not.

I doubt a noticeable percentage of amateurs use wire antennas with a
balanced feed for VHF in 2010. The antenna being considered isn't
commonly used so a common approach to matching might not provide the
most appropriate solution.

73 de n4jvp
Fritz