Old September 27th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
amdx amdx is offline

Default Best SW left ...

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

John Smith wrote:
On 9/26/2010 2:22 PM, dxAce wrote:

Cuban numbers stations?

Gospel huxters?

Alex Jones, there is a war on for your mind.

Regards,
JS

I get him on my $75 internet radio.

This is RADIO Dave. Don't let the door hit ya in your drug addled ass on
the
way out.

It uses WiFi to connect to the router. The sixties are over Steve. There's
no sport in hearing a 100KW station a few hundred miles away. HFBC is
obsolete. Who do you think still listens to that?

When the BBC became available on XM I stopped listening to HFBC
completely, but I still enjoyed the Coast Guard. Now they are pretty much
on Iridium and other sky based venues so I am left with digital modes on
the amateur bands. I just covered the eastern part of North America with
a readable 30 Watt signal. Probably caught a few ships at sea, too, but
they don't report to the auto-spotter database.

But it's OK, I was listening to my $75 web radio and my BCT-8 while I was
doing it.

Hey Dave,
Can you give me a little tutorial about web radio? Say I wanted to listen
at night
while in bed, the computer is in the other room, do I need to do anything to
the
computer before I go to bed? Do I setup the radio for specific URLs , then
I can just
change channels on the radio. I have looked for an online tutorial but
haven't found one.
Thanks MikeK