Old October 3rd 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell[_2_] John Ferrell[_2_] is offline

Default Channel Master CM4228HD Antenna

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 01:23:57 +0000 (UTC),
(Charles Seeger) wrote:

In article ,
John Ferrell wrote:

| I would like to model the Channel Master CM4228HD Antenna with EZNEC.
| It looks like a good deal to me at its price.

Ken Nist (KQ6QV) has done a lot of TV antenna modelling with EZNEC,
and many of his antenna models (*.ez) are available on this page:

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/SIMS/

However, the CM4228a.ez on that page probably is the old CM4228 rather
than the new CM4228HD. His page analyzing the new CM4228HD antenna is:

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/TemporaryPage.html

His main page comparing commercially available antennas is:

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/comparing.html

Holl_ands has done a lot of modelling (using 4nec2), including the
new CM4228HD (this page has his 4nec2 model files):

http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/mult...yrefl/cm4228hd

| http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=95467

Also on that site is an entire forum thread for modifying the
new CM4228HD:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=103749

John, further searching should turn up more information and details.
AFAIR, the reflector on the new model facilitates reception on the
VHF-hi band, which may or may not be sufficient (it is, afterall,
designed for the UHF band). Too, there are a lot of DIY options...

Best Regards,
Chuck

Thank you!

I am going to have to spend some time with these. My EZNEC + 5 does
not like all of the .EZ files but there is plenty of meat there to be
dissected. My interests are academic in the antennas. I don't spend
much time watching TV these days.

I have not looked for .ez file examples for a while on the net. When
last I looked, most of the sites I found were only interested in
selling models. Being an old time frugal Ham I am very cautious with
my hobby dollars!

John Ferrell W8CCW