Old October 2nd 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.misc,us.politics,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Liberal Fascists Versus Gold

On 10/2/2010 12:24 PM, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

in a bill too big for most people to read.

Excellent point! Why should I have to constantly be demanding my public
servants first read what they vote on? I mean a moron usually can
figure that out; What is up with them?

Gold has long been a source of frustration for politicians who want to
extend their power over the economy. First of all, the gold standard
cramped their style because there is only so much money you can print
when every dollar bill can be turned in to the government, to be
exchanged for the equivalent amount of gold.

The is one rule, the golden rule ... but then, there is a second rule
which deserves honorable mention, "If you want to keep your money though
all this, without chance of loss, PUT IT IN GOLD!

When the amount of money the government can print is limited by how
much gold the government has, politicians cannot pay off a massive
national debt by just printing more money and repaying the owners of
government bonds with dollars that are cheaper than the dollars with
which the bonds were bought. In other words, politicians cannot cheat
people as easily.

There are problems with the gold standard, but in lieu of the present
money system, it would be better ... at least until we get a handle on
the crooks, banking into the hands of our government, and the government
back in the hands of the people.

That was just one of the ways that the gold standard cramped
politicians' style-- and just one of the reasons they got rid of it.
One of Franklin D. Roosevelt's first acts as president was to take the
United States off the gold standard in 1933.

Give me a list of the republi-crats demanding to return to the gold
standard, I will vote for them ... as far as I can tell, I won't be
doing that anytime soon, demo-cans just as bad ...

But, even with the gold standard gone, the ability of private
individuals to buy gold reduces the ability of the government to steal
the value of their money by printing more money.

I am not aware of any laws which keep you from trading your good and/or
services for gold, silver, platinum, or any precious metal (well, not
uranium or plutonium, etc.) Just refuse to take worthless dollars ...

Inflation is a quiet but effective way for the government to transfer
resources from the people to itself, without raising taxes. A hundred
dollar bill would buy less in 1998 than a $20 bill would buy in the
1960s. This means that anyone who kept his money in a safe over those
years would have lost 80 percent of its value, because no safe can
keep your money safe from politicians who control the printing
presses.

Inflation is the carrot before the horse ... when you are in danger of
achieving the "American Dream", they hit the inflation button and you
stay with your nose to the grindstone ... if you are just figuring that
out, bud, it is too late for you ... we had price controls which
prevented this from happening, indeed, the price controls had been
implemented because of the great depression ... regan tore 'em off and
it has been downhill ever since.

That is why some people buy gold when they lose confidence in the
government's managing of its money. Usually that is when inflation is
either under way or looming on the horizon. When many people start
transferring their wealth from dollars into gold, that restricts the
ability of politicians to steal from them through inflation.

When idiots will trade goods and services for worthless paper promises,
you use those ... when they won't, you are forced to use gold ... don't
make it sound complicated ...

Even though there is currently very little inflation, purchases of
gold have nevertheless skyrocketed. Ordinarily, most gold is bought
for producing jewelry or for various industrial purposes, more so than
as an investment. But, at times within the past two years, most gold
has been bought by investors.

There is little inflation because no one is buying the homes, cars, etc.
at the current prices ... since wages always trail inflation, it is
nonsensical to ever think that inflating those prices will cure the
problem which inflated prices caused ... but hey, you are dealing with a
government which gave the wealthiest 1% of the people money to bail
them out of the "recession" (depression.) With that type of logic, what
do you expect?

The rest is just kinda redundant, repetitive and bitchy--you imply no
recourse's, fixes, cures, etc. ... a response is unnecessary ...

Regards,
JS