Old October 5th 10, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.economics
Clave[_3_] Clave[_3_] is offline

Default (OT) : The Issue Is "Freedom of Religion" -and- 'The Separation of Church and State' -wrt- 'Civil Union' -versus- "Gay Marriage"

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 10/4/2010 7:25 PM, Clave wrote:

Any valid reason to marry has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with government
benefits ...

And yet those benefits *do* get conferred on married people.

Jim

The fact that I exist in the world absolutely means dust will settle on me
... and has about as much meaning to marriage as marriage to the dust on
me.

If you took away all government benefits, the effect on valid marriage
would be zero. The government give tax breaks to the rich, also ... the
ways of government are a mystery to logic, reason and sanity ...

Nice tap-dance. Let us know if you ever have anything serious to say about
the issue.

Jim