Old October 5th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.economics
Beam Me Up Scotty[_3_] Beam Me Up Scotty[_3_] is offline

Default (OT) : The Issue Is "Freedom of Religion" -and- 'The Separationof Church and State' -wrt- 'Civil Union' -versus- "Gay Marriage"

On 10/3/2010 7:27 PM, dave wrote:
RHF wrote:

"CC",

All nice and good but Ignores the Fact
that it all Negates "Freedom of Religion".
.
Once Again Let Me Repeat Myself :
Put a "Freedom of Religion" 'Clause' In Any
"Gay Marriage" Law and I Am For It [A-OK]
-however- Leave It Out and Force Churches to
Perform "Gay Marriage" and I Am Against It [.]

It's against the law for government to tell a church what to do.
I say the 1866 equal protection law applies, as well as the 14th amendment.

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.