Old October 5th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.misc,us.politics,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default (OT) : Three (3) Phases of Liberal Decay : Ending in Liberal-Fascism

In Beam Me Up Scotty
wrote:

On 10/3/2010 2:13 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
RHF wrote:
Here are the Three (3) Phases of Liberal Decay :

Fascists hate liberalism.

If true, why do *Liberals act like Fascists* and attempt to
micromanage our lives to the point that the Liberals want to tell us
if and when and how much salt, sugar and saturated fats we can eat
with laws and regulations coming from Liberals?

Rather than trying to directly equate (contemporary American) liberals
and fascists, it's more useful to find the common defining factor that
they both share.

Ultimately, they're both at least authoritarian, trending toward
totalitarian if they get the chance.

So, saying that (contemporary American) liberals and facists are both
authoritarian is a clearer statement that's more easily understood.

Of course, you have to be sure to include the fact that (contemporary
American) conservatives are also authoritarian.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN