Old October 6th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Antenna materials

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 04:31:55 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

Obviously a reduction in IR losses will improve any antenna. Art how
much do you thing making an antenna out of silver instead of aluminum
would reduce the IR losses.

InfraRed loss in an antenna?

or perhaps:

I·R Voltage Loss in an antenna?

or perhaps:

I²·R Power Loss in an antenna?

**************

Yes, I²·R loss is the entire point (and positive characteristic) of an
antenna, especially if R is radiation resistance.

Hmmm, I·R loss could be said to be a naturally occurring fact of life
along the length of any antenna if we consider the distribution of
potential.

Ouch, InfraRed loss could burn you - but it would be curious to note
that if an antenna is truly an equal performer (transmit/receive) what
would we hear from the antenna when the sun rises in the morning?

As to the receive-mode phenomenon of this sunrise observation, if that
antenna were coated with diamagnetic water (dew), then we would
observe particles leaping (-um- steaming) off of it (with sizzle)!

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC