Old October 9th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Help with hallicrafetrs SX-24

On Oct 9, 12:53*am, "Antonio Vernucci" wrote:
* * There is a good readable schematic and alignment instructions from Riders
at:http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/914/M0008914.htm

Thanks for info, but the file on that site in an EXE file that I do not like to
execute on my PC. I see no justification for offering an EXE file instead that
any other common document format (PDF, DOC, ...), and this leads me to suspect
that there is some form of virus embedded in it.

With regard to djvu, in the terabit hard disks and high-speed ADSL era it makes
little sense to spare a few hundreds of kybtes with djvu. Moreover the djvu
reader I use (ACDsee) is a rather poor program (but maybe a better reader is
available).

It is a pity that a good deal of files on BAMA are of no practical use. I am
still asking myself how can people upload files on BAMA without checking the
images quality first. And the answer I usually get to that question ("better
than nothing") seems to me rather silly.

Anyway, in the end I found a local guy who has an original SX-24 manual, and I
could then make a good photocopy.

Thanks and 73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

The file at Nostalgia air _is_ a PDF. I don't know what you
clicked on but look again.

Richard Knoppow
WB6KBL